This website is owned and operated by Westbourne Publishers Limited (also referred to in this policy as ‘we, ‘our’, and ‘us’).
HOW YOUR DATA IS USED
- We will not use your name or email address for any purpose other than as stated.
1.1. Sales through the site: We collect the following information when you make a purchase via our website: your name, billing address, email address, contact telephone number, payment card information for the purpose of fulfilling your order. None of this data will be stored on our system, but your email address will be automatically added to our monthly newsletter subscription list. If at any time you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any of our newsletters that you have received. Your email address will then be removed from our mailing list henceforth.
1.2. Events: Should you sign up to attend any events hosted by us, we will note your name and email address for the guestlist. We may also contact you prior to the event to remind you about the event in advance. After the event, we shall delete this information.
1.3. Competitions/ Prize draws: We may ask for your name, social media handles (if appropriate) email address and address so that we can contact you in the event that you win.
1.4 We may use your personal information to contact you in order to provide certain marketing information for the same or similar services you have previously used or shown interest in. If you register to be sent information about our authors, books or events we will ask you for some personal information (name and email address) in order to provide you with the service you are requesting. As noted above, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link in any newsletter we send.
- We will only disclose your information to our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; our third-party service providers in order to identify or resolve technical problems arising from the use of the website or to assist with the payment process; and our regulators, law enforcement or fraud prevention agencies, as well as our legal advisers, courts and any other authorised bodies, for the purposes of investigating any actual or suspected criminal activity, enforcing our rights or other regulatory or legal matters.
- Where we collect and store personal data it will be held on servers located in the European Economic Area. We do not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA. We will retain information about you for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected. The information will then be deleted. The retention period may vary depending on the purposes for which the information was collected. Where a specific legal or regulatory requirement applies to your information we will retain it for the period of time specified in such legal or regulatory requirement. In the absence of a specific legal or regulatory requirement we will retain your information for six years following the event to which it relates. We may be required to extend the retention period if the information is required due a complaint or because it is required for litigation. On some occasions we are legally obliged to retain the information (e.g. for tax and purposes).
- You can only register to use our site if you are over the age of majority in the country in which you reside in. That means that we do not knowingly collect any information about (or market to) children, minors or anyone under the age of majority unless their parent or legal guardian has consented. If we become aware that anyone under the age of majority has registered with us and provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, we will remove that person’s account from our site as soon as possible.
- When you purchase goods or services from us, a contract between you and us will have been entered into. We will need to collect and process your personal information, including payment information, in order for us to fulfil our obligations under such contract.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure but we treat your data with the utmost importance and will make all due effort to protect your data to the best of our abilities. Please note that transmission of information is at your own risk.
6.1 Please note that it is your responsibility to keep any passwords you may use on our website confidential.
6.2 If you choose to communicate with third parties via our site we make no undertaking or warranty about how or where your data may be stored by these third parties.
- You have certain rights in relation to your personal information that is processed by us. We set out an overview of these rights below. These rights are not absolute and apply subject to certain conditions, as set out in applicable data protection laws. Your rights may include:
- the right to access personal data held by us about you;
- the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you;
- in certain circumstances, the right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you;
- in certain circumstances, the right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you;
- the right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you); and
- the right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services and products).COMPLAINTS8. Should you wish to make a complaint in relation to your personal data, you may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office here.